41 pet food industry mergers and acquisitions 2022
In 2022 the pet food industry had these mergers and acquisitions.
1. ADM acquires Invivo Sanpo
JANUARY 3, 2022
ADM announces it has completed the acquisition of the remaining 40% shareholding of Invivo Sanpo, giving ADM 100% ownership.
2. Manna Pro acquires Oxbow Animal Health small mammal food
JANUARY 4, 2022
Manna Pro Products, a St. Louis-based manufacturer and marketer of pet care and nutrition products, has acquired Oxbow Animal Health, a 30-year-old small animal pet brand that offers premium whole foods, supplements, treats and supplies for rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils, hamsters, chinchillas and more.
3. Oterra acquires Food Ingredient Solutions
JANUARY 5, 2022
Food Ingredient Solutions will mark its first US-based acquisition, strengthening its on-the-ground international presence and creating meaningful synergies with Oterra.
4. LINXIS Group acquires Shaffer
JANUARY 10, 2022
Shaffer’s market leading horizontal mixer strengthens the Mixing Technologies division of LINXIS, which includes Diosna and VMI, two world leaders in vertical and continuous mixing technology.
5. Carnivore Meat Company acquires new building
JANUARY 18, 2022
Carnivore Meat Company, leader in the frozen and freeze-dried raw pet food industry and award-winning manufacturer of popular raw pet food brands Vital Essentials, Vital Cat and Nature’s Advantage, announces the acquisition of its fourth facility in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
6. Mars Petcare to acquire Nom Nom fresh, delivered pet food
JANUARY 20, 2022
Nom Nom, a direct-to-consumer fresh pet food company, will become part of Mars PetCare. Nom Nom, formerly NomNomNow, sells refrigerated dog and cat foods made with minimally processed ingredients.
7. Ball Metalpack sold to Sonoco
JANUARY 31, 2022
The sale is the culmination of a comprehensive three-year transformation program through which Platinum Equity and Ball established Ball Metalpack as a standalone enterprise, then drove a broad range of operational improvements throughout the business.
8. Dane Creek Capital acquires Wodema
FEBRUARY 3, 2022
The transaction was completed via Dane Creek’s majority-owned subsidiary, United Raw Pet Foods.
9. Cranswick acquires dry pet food producer in UK
FEBRUARY 3, 2022
Cranswick plc, a leading UK food producer, announces the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Grove Pet Foods Limited.
10. Voff Premium Pet Food acquires Aristo Oy
FEBRUARY 21, 2022
Through the acquisition, Voff further broadens its portfolio of natural premium pet food brands and strengthens its position in the Nordic market.
11. Market Maker Agriculture invests in Dehy
FEBRUARY 24, 2022
Market Maker Agriculture, an investor in seasonal agribusinesses, announces it has made a majority investment in Dehy Alfalfa Mills, Arlington, Nebraska, a leading supplier of alfalfa and other forage ingredients to the pet and animal nutrition sectors.
12. L Catterton invests in Chinese premium pet food brand owner
FEBRUARY 25, 2022
Partnership enables further sales growth and product suite expansion leverages L Catterton’s global experience in the pet food sector.
13. Diana Pet Food, ADF, IsoNova and Schaffelaarbos join forces to become Symrise Pet Food
MARCH 17, 2022
The four companies join forces in a single division. The organizational unit will carry the name Symrise Pet Food, the division will address the pet food market, providing pet food manufacturers with high-value solutions to support their products.
14. United Petfood acquires Neodis kibble factory in France
APRIL 1, 2022
The acquisition strengthens the position of United Petfood as full-service private label pet food producer and gives customers access to a complete range of inhouse made products, according to the company.
15. Whitebridge Pet Brands merges with Agras Pet Foods
APRIL 13, 2022
Whitebridge Pet Brands will continue to operate from both offices, St. Louis, Missouri, USA and Genoa, Italy and expects no disruption to customers of either company during the integration.
16. TricorBraun acquires PBFY
APRIL 15, 2022
The acquisition expands TricorBraun’s award-winning flexible packaging division, TricorBraun Flex.
17. Marel adds pet food processing by acquiring Wenger
APRIL 27, 2022
The acquisition of Wenger is a platform investment into new, complementary and attractive growth markets for Marel.
18. Darling Ingredients acquires Valley Proteins
MAY 4, 2022
As part of the transaction, Darling Ingredients has acquired 18 major rendering plants and used cooking oil facilities throughout the southern, southeast and mid-Atlantic regions of the U.S.
19. Hill’s Pet Nutrition acquires Nutriamo S.r.l.’s manufacturing facility
MAY 4, 2022
The acquisition is part of Hill’s growth plans and marks Hill’s first canned plant facility in Europe.
20. Darling Ingredients acquires FASA
MAY 10, 2022
FASA Group processes more than 1.3 million metric tons annually through 14 rendering plants with an additional two plants under construction and has approximately 2,400 employees.
21. Tuffy’s Treat Company acquires Finley’s Barkery dog food
MAY 18, 2022
Finley’s and Tuffy’s Treat Company had a strong contract manufacturing partnership that will be further bolstered by this acquisition. Additionally, the Finley’s brand will benefit from Tuffy’s organizational infrastructure and channels of distribution.
22. Clayton, Dubilier & Rice to acquire Covetrus
MAY 28, 2022
The acquisition allows business and healthcare services to expand for veterinarians.
23. Montego acquires distribution facilities
JUNE 2, 2022
Warehouses found in Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Gqeberha, East London, Bloemfontein, Barkley East, Naboomspruit and Ermelo will all be absorbed and fall under the ownership of Montego Pet Nutrition.
24. Universal Pure acquires Hydrofresh
JUNE 9, 2022
The transaction expands Universal Pure’s geographic reach in the Midwest, facilitating the delivery of higher levels of service and quality to its growing base of over 150 food and beverage customers.
25. Balchem to acquire Kappa Bioscience
JUNE 16, 2022
Balchem Corporation, a global specialty ingredients company focused on Nutrition and Health, has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Kappa Bioscience AS, a leading science-based manufacturer of specialty vitamin K2 for the human nutrition industry, headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
26. Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition acquires F.L. Emmert
JULY 8, 2022
Emmert has a proven track record in animal nutrition, delivering the right balance of brewer’s yeast, protein, vitamins and essential amino acids to support companion animal and livestock health.
27. FibreCycle buys Lovitts Australian pet food, products
JULY 11, 2022
The Lovitts portfolio of products includes dog and small animal nutrition, cat litter, bird seed, as well as treats and supplements for a variety of other companion animals.
28. Private equity group to buy Voff Premium Pet Food
July 15, 2022
In February, Voff acquired Aristo Oy, a Finnish manufacturer of natural chews and treats with sales spanning across Scandanavia.
29. IK Partners to sell LINXIS Group to Hillenbrand
July 22, 2022
IK Partners to sell LINXIS Group to Hillenbrand.
28. Nestle India buys Purina Petcare dog, cat food business
AUGUST 2, 2022
When Nestle launched the Indian arm of its dog and cat food business in late 2017, parent-company Nestle kept it separate from Nestle India. However, in October, Purina Petcare India will become part of Nestle India, reported the Business Standard.
29. Colgate-Palmolive Company to purchase dry pet food manufacturing plants
August 3, 2022
Hill’s Pet Nutrition business to grow with purchase dry pet food manufacturing plants.
30. Darling Ingredients acquires FASA Group
August 4, 2022
Darling Ingredients acquires FASA Group.
31. Amcor buys packaging plant
August 24, 2022
Amcor buys packaging plant in Czech Republic.
32. ZIWI Peak pet food maker buys freeze-dry company
September 8, 2022
FDF was established in 1997 and employs roughly 140 people, FDF has over 26 million pounds of freeze-drying capacity. In 2021, China-based private equity firm FountainVest Partners acquired pet food company Ziwi Ltd., maker of ZiwiPeak brand, reported Radio New Zealand.
33. Coperion and LINXIS Group partner
October 12, 2022
Hillenbrand acquires LINXIS Group.
34. United Petfood acquires Gold Line Feeds
October 17, 2022
United Petfood acquires Gold Line Feeds.
35. Darling Ingredients acquires Gelnex
October 21, 2022
Darling Ingredients to acquire Gelnex.
36. BrightPet private equity acquires Bravo! Pet Foods
October 24, 2022
BrightPet Nutrition Group operates subsidiaries Ohio Pet Foods, Southern Tier Pet Nutrition, BNG Phoebe and BNG Miracle Pet.
37. Mars Petcare acquiring Champion Petfoods
November 2, 2022
Mars Petcare, the largest pet food company in the world, is acquiring Champion Petfoods, a Canada-based maker of the Acana and Orijen premium pet food brands.
38. The Andersons purchases Bridge Agri Partners
November 3, 2022
The Andersons purchases Bridge Agri Partners.
39. Darling Ingredients to acquire Miropasz
November 4, 2022
Darling Ingredients to acquire Miropasz.
40. Tenacious Labs acquires Rover’s Wellness
November 14, 2022
Tenacious Labs acquires Rover’s Wellness.
41. Hillenbrand acquires Peerless Food Equipment
December 6, 2022
Hillenbrand acquires Peerless Food Equipment.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.…