Are Dogs Allowed in Tuesday Morning? (2022)
Are you ready to shop for some home decor–and wondering if your dog can accompany you to your local Tuesday Morning store? We’re happy to say that dogs are allowed in Tuesday Morning stores.
In fact, of all the dog-friendly stores, Tuesday Morning is one of the dog friendliest.
So get ready to shop your local Tuesday Morning with your dog! Your dog will need to be leashed or carried when shopping.
Our Experience with Tuesday Morning
For several years, I was a “Tuesday Morning blogger,” one of a group of bloggers who wrote about these stores which originated in Texas.
I was the pet blogger in the group and can definitely attest to the welcoming spirit of the stores. One year, I attended a holiday event in the Dallas area with representatives from Tuesday Morning–and our dogs, of course!
Taking Your Dog to Tuesday Morning
The key to having a good time shopping with your dog–and making sure pet friendly stores REMAIN dog friendly–is taking a few extra steps before and during your shopping excursion:
Before Your Trip
- Pack a leash no longer than 6 feet. This will help prevent your dog from becoming tangled in displays and minimize tripping risk for other shoppers. You’ll want your dog to remain at your side during your shopping.
- Leave the retractable leash at home. Retractable leashes can really present a tripping risk in stores (not to mention the possibility of turning over who-knows-what).
- Give your local store a quick call. If you haven’t been to this particular location recently, give your local Tuesday Morning store a quick call to confirm that your dog may accompany you while shopping just to be on the safe side.
- Pack a cleanup kit. Along with poop bags, pack some paper towels and hand sanitizer. You never know.
- Pack a small blanket or throw for the cart if your dog will ride in the cart. If you have a small dog who will be riding in your shopping cart, PLEASE pack a throw for him to rest. This will prevent his paws from going through the mesh bottom of the cart. I was once at a store and heard a dog two aisle over whimpering in pain. I went over to help; his leg had completely fallen through the bottom of the cart and his owner was having a difficult time getting his paw back up through the cart. (The story ended well–but this is definitely a cautionary tale!)
During Your Trip
- Make a potty stop before entering the store. Even if your dog peed before leaving home, take a few minutes to visit the trees in the parking lot.
- Keep your dog near. For both the safety of your dog and fellow shoppers, keep your dog at your side while shopping.
- Pick up any accidents immediately. If your dog has an accident, pick it up immediately. Especially if you have a male dog who likes to mark, keep a special eye out. When you see your dog looking a little too interested in one spot, speed up your walking or distract your dog with a treat.
Share Your Photos on Social Media
You’ll find many photos of dogs in Tuesday Morning stores on social media using the hashtag #TuesdayMorningFinds–be sure to tag photos of your dog exploring the store!
Should You Take Your Dog To Tuesday Morning?
OK, we’ve determined that Tuesday Morning stores welcome leashed dogs in the store–but SHOULD you take your dog to a Tuesday Morning?
Well, the answer depends on your dog.
Unlike home improvement stores which are big and loud, even if you visit during non-peak hours, Tuesday Morning stores are quiet–so they are a good store to visit if your dog is new to shopping.
However, if your dog has any kind of aggression–to people or other dogs–dog-friendly stores are not for your dog. Visit the store on your own and pick up a fun toy to surprise your dog with when you return home!
If your dog is happy going to stores, then definitely take your dog to Tuesday Morning. Along with home decor, the stores have an extensive pet section with dog toys, treats and more!
Can Service Dogs Go to Tuesday Morning?
Yes, a trained service dog that is required to assist you is allowed in any Tuesday Morning store under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Pin it to Remember Are Dogs Allowed in Tuesday Morning?
To so many of us dog lovers in the United States, our canine companions are both our best friends…