10 top Asia-Pacific pet food companies 2021
Among companies based in East Asia, Australia and other parts of the Asia-Pacific region, the pet food producers listed below had the highest annual revenue in 2021, according to Petfood Industry’s Top Companies Current Data. The majority of these companies have headquarters in Japan, with others in Thailand, Australia and South Korea.
Unicharm Corp. – Japan
- Unicharm’s pet care subsidiary has long dominated the Japanese market. The global firm continues to extend its reach in Asia, the U.S. and emerging markets, since taking majority stake in Hartz in 2011. Unicharm’s pet care line specializes in products such as pet foods, excrement cleanup sheets, system toilets and disposable diapers.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$828,730,000
- Brands: Grand Deli and Best Balance (dogs); Gin no Spoon and Gin no Spoon Mitsuboshi (cats)
Thai Union Group – Thailand
- Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is a global seafood producer, with additional operations in pet food. Subsidiary Thai Union Manufacturing Co. manufactures and exports canned tuna and pet food, and subsidiary U.S. Pet Nutrition LLC manufactures and distributes premium pet food. Thai Union Group also holds 25% ownership of Lucky Union Foods Co. Ltd.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$802,240,000
- Brands: Bellotta, Marvo, Calico Bay, Paramount
Jeil Feed – South Korea
- Jeil Feed produces 1.4 million metric tons of animal feed per year, with a focus on dog food in the pet food market. The company belongs to the Harim Group, a South Korean poultry producer.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$534,720,000
- Brands: PuongMi, Gozip, Ideal Recepe, ChouChou, Dog Mania, NutriWell, Wonder, Full of Nature, Full of Meet
Perfect Companion Group Co. – Thailand
- Perfect Companion is the sole pet food company owned by Thailand’s Charoen Pokphand Group. It was the first pet food manufacturer in Thailand to earn ISO 9002 certification, the company says
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$428,000,000
- Brands: SmartHeart, Me-O, LuvCare, Classic Pets, A Pro, IQ, MaxWin, Optimum, Rabbit Diet, Briter Bunny
Real Pet Food Company – Australia
- Formerly known as V.I.P. Petfoods, Real Pet Food Company is a producer of chilled and fresh pet foods. Brands include Nature’s Gift, Nature’s Goodness, Dr B’s BARF, Billy + Margot, Ivory Coat, Fussy Cat, V.I.P. Petfoods and Farmers Market.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$360,680,000
- Brands: Nature’s Gift, Nature’s Goodness, Tucker Time, Dr B’s BARF, Billy + Margot, Ivory Coat, Fussy Cat, V.I.P. Petfoods and Farmers Market, Trilogy
Petline Ltd. – Japan
- Petline is owned by Nosan, which is wholly owned by Mitsubishi Corp. Petline says it was the first company to produce dry cat food in Japan, starting in 1972.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$250,000,000
- Brands: Medycoat, Medyfas, Canet, Professional Balance, JP Style, Carat, Kaiseki
Inaba Petfood – Japan
- Inaba Petfood has a manufacturing plant in Japan and operates a subsidiary company, Qingdao Food, with its own factory in China.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$245,880,000
- Brands: CIAO, TOROMI, TWINS. L Cup, Maruuo, Wagamama-Neko, Kin no Dashi, Maehama no sakana, Wan, INABA
DoggyMan H.A. Co., Ltd. – Japan
- DoggyMan is a Japanese manufacturer of pet food and supplies. DoggyMan owns DoggyFoods, which specializes in production of human-grade dog food at two manufacturing facilities in Japan.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$194,310,000
- Brands: DoggyMan, CattyMan, MinianiMan
Maruha Nichiro Corporation – Japan
- Maruha Nichiro Corporation is a Tokyo-based enterprise with about 160 subsidiaries and affiliates in the marine products, food processing, chemical foods, overseas joint ventures, fish breeding and livestock feedstuffs arenas.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US $135,840,000
- Brands: Miaw Miaw, Kin-can, Yaizu-no-Maguro, Jun-can, Kenko-can, Kuro-can, Kingfisher, Dog Mom, Cat Mom
Nippon Pet Food Co. – Japan
- Nippon Pet Food is a privately owned, Tokyo-based pet food maker, currently concentrating on the Japanese, Asian and Southeast Asian markets. Nippon’s original product for fish remains a staple of the business, even as the company has branched into food products for dogs, cats, birds and small animals.
- Annual revenue 2021 – US$105,510,000
- Brands: Dog food -Vita One, Combo, Beauty Pro, Lacine, Gotouchi, Meguri Cat food – Mio, Combo, Beauty Pro, Lacine Reptile amphibian food – Angel, Swimmy, Charmy, Queen Chan
Purchase key data on leading US pet food producers
The information is sold as a downloadable spreadsheet, allowing customers to sort, filter and analyze the data to suit your specific needs. Data points include, where available, mailing address, type of products offered, brands, number of employees, number of facilities and annual sales from 2017-2021. The companies are ranked by 2021 revenue.
Participate in the Top Pet Food Companies survey
The Petfood Industry Top Pet Food Companies project annually surveys pet food companies, always with an aim of expanding the reach and scope of the companies within the rankings. To be considered for inclusion in the yearly rankings, please contact email@example.com. The data is gathered each year through a variety of methods, including direct company contact (a survey is emailed to participating companies), in-depth research and estimates.
Submission Guidelines Thank you for your interest in writing for Animal Wellness. As the #1 natural health magazine for…