Why is Breed-Specific Dog Food a Better Option than Standard Dog Food?
If you are the owner of a purebred dog, then you would probably be looking for the best diet for your four-legged friend. From German Shepherd to Labrador, every species is unique in its way.
When feeding a breed-specific dog, you need to consider their different genetic traits and nutritional needs, so that you can buy the most appropriate diet. To fulfill the unique dietary requirements of these dogs, feeding them the right food can help them live a healthy and happy life.
For providing your purebred with optimal nutrition, choose a breed-specific food that meets the particular requirements of your furry friend.
Say for instance, German Shepherds are prone to digestive problems, Dalmatians get urinary stones, and Golden Retrievers are prone to skin problems. Many of these ailments can be easily treated as a part of their diet by feeding them the proper nutrients. So, it is rightly said that providing breed-specific nutrition to your puppy will have more significant health benefits.
Benefits of Breed-specific dog food:
- Shiny coat: Each purebred has a unique skin in texture and color. Breed-specific food helps maintain the shine and softness of your dog’s coat by catering to its need.
- Better digestion: Certain breeds have a sensitive digestive system. For example, a German shepherd needs care for its digestive health. Hence, giving them food that is exclusively made for them will help in improving their digestion.
- Suitable for Fast Eaters: Some breeds like Labrador and Siamese chew down their food at a breakneck pace, leading to digestive problems. Feeding them larger kibble sizes helps slow down the chewing speed, thus improving their digestive health.
- Healthy skin: From sensitive to wrinkled skin, every breed has a different skin that acts as a barrier to keep them protected. Breed-specific dog food contains specific nutrients that support that particular skin type, keeping it healthy.
- Kibble shape: One of the most vital benefits of feeding breed-specific food to your dog is kibble size. As different breeds have unique jaw structures and eating behaviors, the kibble size, texture, and shape of the food will vary as per their biting patterns and the sttructure of jaw.
For example, Small breed dogs require kibbles in a small size, while doughnut-shaped kibbles are suitable for large breed dogs like Labrador Retrievers.
- Promotes overall health: Breed-specific food contains ingredients specific to a particular breed that help aid the health issues of that breed to bring out their unique best. For example, food designed for large breed dogs usually has ingredients that support healthy joints, weight management, and healthy teeth.
Importance of Kibble Shape for Dogs:
It’s essential to feed your dog foods having proper kibble shape. Small-shaped kibbles are suitable for small breed dogs and pets with brachycephalic jaws. For example, Dachshunds have dental genetic problems, so feeding them food with dental benefits and specific kibble size helps them with their genetic disorders.
Why Choose IAMS’s Tailored Nutrition For Your Pets?
IAMS is driven to create pet-specific nutritional solutions tailored across life stage/pet sizes with visible results. All the products of IAMS are designed to ensure that each pet is at its unique best every day.
IAMS dog food is enriched with natural ingredients that bolsters the overall health of your dogs. For example, essential fatty acids like DHA & Omega 3 that boost cognitive skills & trainability, L-carnitine ensures health weight management in large breed adult dogs while beet pulp & FOS support a healthy digestion in small & medium breed adult dogs,
Nutrients like low ash protein support strong muscles in puppies, wheras STPP and fish oil promoes stronger teeh and healthy skin & coat respectively in adult dogs.
Also, the nutritional requirments of dogs change at various stages of life. For example, puppies are more susceptible to diseases and need more energy as they grow fast, for which they require highly digestible proteins & energy-dense food. They also need 3 x more Vit E than adult dogs each day.
In addition, IAMS food contains enhanced DHA for puppies that improve their trainability performance.
Choose IAMS goodness for your pooch:
-Recommended by US veterinarians
-IAMS is a global brand
-Premium tailored recipes for pets
-Backed by the expertise of the Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition
IAMS Unique Recipes Tailored to Meet Unique Requirements of Different Breeds:
- German Shepherd: German Shepherd breed is prone to digestive issues; hence IAMS Dog Food for German Shepherd contains a blend of beet pulp and prebiotics (FOS) that supports healthy digestion. Also, Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate have been added for supporting healthy joints. Essential fatty acids like Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids support healthy skin and coat.
Important vitamins and minerals like Calcium and Magnesium have been added in the diet for supporting a healthy heart while natural antioxidants, including vitamin E, support excellent natural defense.
- Golden Retriever: As Golden Retrievers are more vulnerable prone to skin problems, IAMS Dog Food for Golden Retriever contains omega 6 and 3 fatty acids to keep their skin and coat healthy. It also contains L-Carnitine for healthy weight management. Besides, kibbles of this diet consist of STPP that promotes excellent dental hygiene.
- Pug: IAMS Dog Food for Pug contains a blend of beet pulp and prebiotics (FOS) for healthy digestion, and a mineral like L-carnitine supports good metabolism. While important fatty acids omega 6 and 3 fatty acids promote a healthy skin and coat, kibbles with STPP strengthen their teeth. Vtamin E, being a good antioxidant helps in boosting the defence mechanism of the dogs.
IAMS breed-specific dog food contains all the right ingredients and nutrients tailored to meet the unique needs of different dogs. That’s why veterinarians recommend IAMS. If you own a purebred, you need to understand your dog’s nutritional needs and feed them with breed-specific nutrition to bring out their best.